* 1/2 kg carrots
* 1 cup milk (boiled)
* 1 cup sugar or to taste
* a pinch of cardamom powder
* 2 tbsp ghee
* 10 cashewnuts
* 10 badam (optional)
* 10 pista (optional)
1. Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
2. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of ghee and roast the garnishing ingredients and keep aside.
3. Add the remaining ghee and heat.
4. Put the grated carrot and saute on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add milk and boil on low flame till thick.
6. Once it’s starts thickening add sugar and stir continuously.
7. Cook on low flame for further thickness.
8. Add cardamom powder and stir continuously till the ghee separates from the mixture.
9. Finally garnish with roasted garnishing ingredients.
10. Carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is ready to serve.
11. Serve hot or cold.